Nintendo Labo kit to bring VR games to Nintendo Switch
8 March 2019 – by Jack Dawson Taylor
Virtual reality games are coming to Nintendo Switch in April, courtesy of a new Nintendo Labo kit.
Billed as a "simple and shareable" first-time VR experience for families and younger players, the Nintendo Labo VR Kit features six different Toy-Con to build and play, including a set of VR goggles, which are used in combination with the others to create the VR effect.
Players can purchase either the complete VR Kit - which includes the software and all six Toy-Con - or a smaller starter set, which can be expanded upon with additional sets featuring the remaining creations.
The six included Toy-Con are:
- Toy-Con VR Goggles - in the complete kit and the Starter Set
- Toy-Con Blaster - in the complete kit and the Starter Set
- Toy-Con Elephant - in the complete kit and Expansion Set 1
- Toy-Con Camera - in the complete kit and Expansion Set 1
- Toy-Con Wind Pedal - in the complete kit and Expansion Set 2
- Toy-Con Bird - in the complete kit and Expansion Set 2
In the US, the complete kit will cost $79.99, while the Starter Set will cost $39.99 and the Expansion Sets will cost $19.99 each; UK and European pricing has yet to be confirmed.
More details of the Toy-Con and the VR Kit will be revealed ahead of launch.
Nintendo Labo VR Kit launches on 12 April in Europe and North America.